This course will explain what drug repurposing is and why it is beneficial for the treatment of rare diseases.
At the end of the course you will understand:
- The terminology around drug repurposing
- The value of drug repurposing can bring for rare diseases
- How patient groups can support and help to organise drug repurposing projects and what to look for in research partners
With thanks to:
Costello Medical provided pro bono support in the updating of this course.
Est. 1.5 hours
Course/Video Guide/Webinar/Event Recording/Guide
Est. X hours
What will you learn?
- How drug repurposing can be a more efficient and cost effective way to develop treatments for rare diseases
- How patient groups can support drug repurposing projects
- The benefits and challenges associated with drug repurposing
- The important considerations when setting up and coordinating a drug repurposing project
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for those looking to understand more about the basics of drug repurposing or patient groups looking to design or undertake a drug repurposing project.
You may also be interested in…