Top Tips for Successful Collaborations
- Collaborate with organisations with a similar mission, vision or goal.
- Define roles and identify strengths of individuals or organisations.
- Ensure decisions are always made in the best interest of patients and their families and not solely for the benefit of individual organisations.
- Relationships are key so get to know each other!
- Make sure every organisation has an equal opportunity to contribute.
- Ensure no duplication of work in order to maximise resources.
- Meet in person every few months ideally.
- Respect each other and each other’s work.
- Be open, honest and transparent – communication is key!
Patients as Partners: Building Collaborative Relationships among Professionals, Patients, Carers and Communities (King’s Fund): https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/sites/default/files/field/field_publication_file/Patients_as_partners.pdf
TrustLaw Free Legal Assistance:
The Ultimate Guide to Effective Collaboration in the Workplace:
Checklist of Questions to Ask if you are Considering Collaborative Working:
50 Key Tips to Improve Team Collaboration: