How to choose the next you: where to start with succession planning
This webinar series is part of a series of three webinars looking at how rare disease patient groups can attract and retain the right people to ensure their organisation’s success and longevity.
The series starts from the bottom up with the first session focusing on how to recruit and manage volunteers, the second looking at how to grow your team by finding staff members and the third focusing on succession planning.
What will you learn in this webinar?
- Hear real examples of rare disease patient groups who have navigated through a leadership transition.
- Learn from their experience and come away with ideas on how to implement a succession plan in your own organisation.
If you still aren’t sure if it’s relevant to you, here are some reasons you should start thinking about succession planning:
- Allows time to find the right successor who understands and connects with your mission and community
- Ensures the longevity of your group by creating policies and procedures which can be followed by future staff
- Gives you the opportunity to develop and train someone from within your community
- Allows the founder or CEO to leave the organisation when they are ready without worrying it won’t survive without them
- Ensures your patient group isn’t dependent on one individual
- Most importantly, it allows your group to continue its vital work as advocates supporting patients and families
You may also be interested in…